ATX Community

RTRP Exam

Christian

Guest Taxed

Not only ATX but a whole bunch of companies are peddling the courses at steep discount! I must get at least one email from these outfits.

Just wait till the dust settles in this matter. I read somewhere that there is a proposal to reintroduce this as part of an amendment to the IRS code to allow IRS to regulate all tax preparers who get any compensation. But in this political climate I seriously doubt it will pass in the House.

I wonder if they will still offer the test, just as not a 'required' test, so as to be ready if they manage to get that started again?

Doesn't sound like it as they are giving refunds to anyone who made an appointment and paid for a test after January (?) 2013 when the court case started.

That doesn't necessarily mean that they won't get it started again after all the legalities are handled. I hope so, of course, because I have already passed the test and feel strengthened by the experience.