ATX Community

CE requirements, DAH to me.

mrichman333

Yup. and the business model of those online CE companies fell on its face. Why do you think they were offering 15CE for as low as $30 compared to like $150 before the halt to the law.

I believe the principal of FastForward Academy is a frequent poster on this board. Perhaps he can enlighten us?

FastForward Academy is still offering RTRP Exam review on their website

Yup. and the business model of those online CE companies fell on its face. Why do you think they were offering 15CE for as low as $30 compared to like $150 before the halt to the law.

I believe the principal of FastForward Academy is a frequent poster on this board. Perhaps he can enlighten us?

My CPE is required, but I often get way more than my 80 hours every two years. I think my last cycle had 120 or more hours. I pick up additional classes if I need something specific, like the FATCA stuff, and will do a webinar on amending SSMC returns just to make sure I have covered all the bases. This year a week long seminar I'm attending has a two day class on biz tax & update that I'm looking forward to since most of my updates in the last few years have not had much of an entity focus and I'm starting to do more partnerships & S-corps. Continuing education is a requirement in our chosen field and I can't believe the backlash I saw against 15 hours required.

• Like 3