ATX Community

Tell Your Clients, 'You're Fired !'

kcjenkins

Maybe that's because you thought it was a phone.

Actually, a smart phone is a sophisticated, highly portable computer which just happens to have telephone capabilities. Your computer isn't too much for you, is it?

I looked at all the features of iPhone and found myself using it just like my old flip phone. I did NOT want to do any banking transactions or listen to itunes etc on that, but my kids love it.

I don't think i have used any of my computers to 100% capability. Basically I am using the main desktop for Tax prep and accounting functions (all work related). I use my old laptop for banking, visiting this site, e-mail and internet shopping. My new laptop is a backup for my tax related work when I visit my clients.

I have never played any online games or do chats etc, that my kids did.

In looking back at my last post, that question I asked can be read with an unintended tone.

"Your computer isn't too much for you, is it?" was meant to be rhetorical, but it looks a little snarky on the screen.

My intent was just to suggest that using your smart phone is essentially the same thing as using you computer, which I 'm sure you can do to whatever degree of proficiency suits your purposes.

"Different strokes for different folks!" My solution is to keep the flip phone that I have had forever and use it along with my 10" tablet that connects to either WiFi or the wireless Phone line; whichever is available. This may be overkill to many, but I can sit on the couch, sit on the porch or in the car and use my tablet for almost anything and be able to SEE the screen. To me, these are toys. My state of the art computers are another issue; these I never skimp on beyond looking for good deals. I just gave my XP laptop which I had built to order in 07, to my married grandkids. They can use it to full advantage. I no longer can. My new 17" laptop is a real gem; as is my desktop. I don't believe in trying to run a business with out of date or broken tools.

• Like 1