ATX Community

error message when I try to open my ATX program

Dan

I am not able to open my ATX program after downloading the program to my computer. This happens after I shut my computer off and restart it back up. The error message is: Run As - can't connect to server error. I don't have a server. I am on a stand-a-lone machine.

I uninstalled the program and reinstalled the program a second time and still get the same error message. The payroll program works fine.

Why do I have this problem?

I am not able to open my ATX program after downloading the program to my computer. This happens after I shut my computer off and restart it back up. The error message is: Run As - can't connect to server error. I don't have a server. I am on a stand-a-lone machine.

I uninstalled the program and reinstalled the program a second time and still get the same error message. The payroll program works fine.

Wait for the CD. It is trying to update the forms and cannot find them. The message is about not being able to connect to the ATX server.

WAIT FOR THE CD! Don't be in such a rush!!!

Try this --- go to program (start button win 7) and find ATX admin console - double click on that, when console opens (leave it open, go to ATX 2013 program icon and click on that --- program should now start.

If not, then Monday call ATX.

I am working with XP SP3. I have a pentium ® 4 cpu 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz 3.62 GB of Ram. I have plenty of hard disk space and my monitor display is 1024 x 768 32- bit.

When I click on the ATX icon a box comes up with these words Run As and the box current user information. I click ok and another box comes up that says I can't connect to the server. When I enstalled I chose a stand-a-lone option.

Question: Is the ram memory causing my problem. The minumum requirements are 4 GB and I have 3.62 Ram.

Just to let you know, I also have a windows 7 laptop computer but I have done my tax returns previously on the XP desktop machine.

I am working with XP SP3. I have a pentium ® 4 cpu 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz 3.62 GB of Ram. I have plenty of hard disk space and my monitor display is 1024 x 768 32- bit.

When I click on the ATX icon a box comes up with these words Run As and the box current user information. I click ok and another box comes up that says I can't connect to the server. When I enstalled I chose a stand-a-lone option.

Question: Is the ram memory causing my problem. The minumum requirements are 4 GB and I have 3.62 Ram.

Just to let you know, I also have a windows 7 laptop computer but I have done my tax returns previously on the XP desktop machine.

XP is part of the problem. Are you installing from the CD? You need to get rid of your XP machine.

Read my post that is pinned at the top of this discussion.