ATX Community

Held Hostage By MainStreetTaxSolutions.com (TaxWise)

Crank

I have used ATX since the mid 90s (Sabre at first). For 2012 I used TaxWise through reseller Mainstreettaxsolutions.com I would like to return to ATX for the upcoming 2013 tax filing season and have been trying to schedule a live demo with ATX since mid October with no success. Today I was informed by ATX that Mainstreettaxsolutions.com is refusing to release me so I can use other CCH products. I have to now call MainStreet and beg to be released.

This is unbelievable!

I have already spoken to three people at ATX over the past month. They claim there is nothing they can do and that I should contact MainStreet. I am going to try attempt to go up the ladder to an executive at CCH. I emailed and called MainStreet's president, Tony Cooper <[email protected], but they are closed today. He contacted me a few weeks ago and pushed their other product "CheckPoint" I believe it is called.

I never signed anything and brought this up to ATX. They claim that there is an internal agreement between resellers of CCH products regarding their clients. AMAZING!

Crank, what happens if your wife goes to the CCH site and buys ATX 2013 for you? It is worth a try.

Frankly I have never heard of this strange capture if you did not sign anything agreeing to it.

Taxed, That crossed my mind but I believe they id you by EFIN/PTIN.

Try it, if it does not work??

When you buy it you don't have to give a real PTIN or EFIN because you could change it when you register the software. I do that all the time when I buy new tax software. I did that last year.