ATX Community

2013 ATX Rollover

ZoomnFinancial

Couldn't rollover a return in 2013 due to the below... I then go to open up the 2012 return and it says "This return contains later versions of the following items: Form Name = 1040 / Year = 2012 / Version Required = 139 / Version Installed 140.

You perform the rollover process in ATX 2013 and receive the following message:

<Return Name> was not rolled because of an issue reading the data. Please try rolling this return again. The return contains incomplete rollover data and some forms are out of date or mismatched. Please open and close the return in last year's program (you do not need to save it), then re-open the return in this year's program.

HOW DO I get my 2012 program back to the prior version? I have moved to a new laptop so only the 140 version is on the new laptop.

Thank for any help.

Couldn't rollover a return in 2013 due to the below... I then go to open up the 2012 return and it says "This return contains later versions of the following items: Form Name = 1040 / Year = 2012 / Version Required = 139 / Version Installed 140.

You perform the rollover process in ATX 2013 and receive the following message:

<Return Name> was not rolled because of an issue reading the data. Please try rolling this return again. The return contains incomplete rollover data and some forms are out of date or mismatched. Please open and close the return in last year's program (you do not need to save it), then re-open the return in this year's program.

HOW DO I get my 2012 program back to the prior version? I have moved to a new laptop so only the 140 version is on the new laptop.

Thank for any help.

Check your messages.

I was told you just need to open 2012 make sure all forms and the program are up to date with latest version then try the rollover again. Is this no longer a valid way to fix this problem if it happens again? Like I have stated before I am attempting to run ATX in hopes it does not come down with issues later but if it does we have Drake running as well.

I was told you just need to open 2012 make sure all forms and the program are up to date with latest version then try the rollover again. Is this no long a valid way to fix this problem if it happens again? Like I have stated before I am attempting to run ATX in hopes it does not come down with issues later but if it does we have Drake running as well.

Since you didn't use the program last year and are not using it this year, how do you think you have any information that will help? Please stick to the software you are using.

There is a fix.

Jack, please stop. This person has not slammed ATX in this thread, as was your prior complaints. He has also stated on several occasions that he purchased ATX in hopes of using it this year, but has also purchased Drake if ATX doesn't work well for his firm. He is allowed to ask questions here.

• Like 1

Since you didn't use the program last year and are not using it this year, how do you think you have any information that will help? Please stick to the software you are using.

There is a fix.

How do people tolerate you? I used ATX last year and got Drake this year as a backup. I was simply asking if making sure the prior year is up to date is still a valid approach.

:wall: The real reason for this thread got lost in the mud pages ago. An ATX client was having the same problem with rollovers on a NEW computer that I had. Since Jack fixed my problem, I referred that post to Jack. I believe Jack contacted the poster directly and helped him. From then on bedlam ensued. I thought this was supposed to be a tax board wherein we could help each other with program and tax issues. In addition, there are friendly and conversational threads clearly marked; between some of us who have "known" each other for a long time. I don't care how you resolve these jump-in posts that clearly lead the thread astray. But, please do try to put an end to them. I am getting a headache.

• Like 2

After attempting a few other fixes that were suggested from Jack from OHIO (THANK YOU JACK ONCE AGAIN) I sent ATX Customer service an email (with a link to a thread on the ATX website). They got back to me within an hour (multiple times) with a solution to my problem.

If your having troubles with forms not updating to the correct versions try this...

In 2012 go to the return manager check the return box beside the return file that is having issues (I did it for all of them). Then click on returns menu, you should see the options that says to re-download forms select this and select all the forms once this is done open 2012 return and edit something and then change it back to what it was . Save the return and then try rollover again.

I didn't go into two of the three returns that I tested to change anything so I don't know if that step is necessary. So far I am 3 for 3 on returns rolled over with fairly quick action also. I can also open 2012 returns accurately also (checked 2 of the 3.

Let me know if you have any questions (message me on here is best) and I can try to help.

Scott Pugh

[email protected]

• Like 1