ATX Community

The Program Has Experienced An Unexpected Error And Must Close

Christian

I have rolled over a number of returns all successfully except for two. These are shown as having been rolled over successfully but upon being opened the above popup appears and I have to close the program. I have reopened the 2012 program and saved both and re-rolled them with the same result. To date tech support has found no fix. Has anyone else had this particular problem and knows a solution ?

Thanks Jack. I tried that at tech's instruction but did not help. It's possible these two files are somehow corrupted and I will simply have to create a new return in 2013 program for each manually inputting the needed info.

Did the tech offer to send the files to development for them to find what was causing the issue?

For 2012, this happened when we changed the name of the return.

For testing, please go to 2011 and rename that return (add a 2 to the name). Open it up in 2011 and close. Close 2011 and open 2012 and roll it over. Open it up and save it. Close 2012 and open 2013 and roll it over.

Do you remember if you changed the name of this return in 2012?