ATX Community

Program encountered an unexpected error and needs to close

ZoomnFinancial

Were you opening the program or a return? Is your system standalone or network? Had all the current program updates been installed? Did you make any changes to the file placement or structure? Have you told your anti-virus program to ignore all the ATX/CCH folders and files?

More information please?

Reverted back to a previous day in the week and now it works. I think I was screwing with the virus software this past week and that may have been the culprit.

Program

Standalone

Yes - 13.2.1226.1

No - Should I?

Yes

Reverted back to a previous day in the week and now it works. I think I was screwing with the virus software this past week and that may have been the culprit.

Be careful when you do this after you start efiling. If you revert back you will have returns that you transmitted and they will be listed as created. You might not be able to receive any rejections on the ones that were transmitted during the time you "erased".

This is how reverting works: Imagine that one night you went to sleep with 6 people or that you had a fight and hurt someone at a bar while traveling to California. The police is looking for you. Well, you have a restore point and you restore to one or two days before. The restore date is ONLY for you and you will have no recollection that you went to California. But life goes on for the other people and the 6 people you slept with remember every detail or the person you hurt in California is looking for you and so is the police. When the police arrests you, you will have no idea what happened and you will say "I am innocent". I guess that's what happens to all those criminals since most of them claim to be innocent when questioned by the police.

Be careful when you do this after you start efiling. If you revert back you will have returns that you transmitted and they will be listed as created. You might not be able to receive any rejections on the ones that were transmitted during the time you "erased".

This is how reverting works: Imagine that one night you went to sleep with 6 people or that you had a fight and hurt someone at a bar while traveling to California. The police is looking for you. Well, you have a restore point and you restore to one or two days before. The restore date is ONLY for you and you will have no recollection that you went to California. But life goes on for the other people and the 6 people you slept with remember every detail or the person you hurt in California is looking for you and so is the police. When the police arrests you, you will have no idea what happened and you will say "I am innocent". I guess that's what happens to all those criminals since most of them claim to be innocent when questioned by the police.

You can always "sycnronize with EFC" to get efile information back to current. Using system restore should not change program data files.