ATX Community

E-file notice in return manager

Philip1117

Yes it is fine. It is an improvement.

But it doesn't solve the overall need to be able to see the status in a column in the return manager; which would allow you to see which returns have not been efiled at a glance. Saving much time. Drake does it, Proseries does it. Why not ATX?

This "enhancement" allows you to easily check the status of A return... but to see which returns have not been efiled you would still need to "click" on each return... one at a time... to see the status of all your returns. Does not solve the issue I have complained about for years!

Go to the MYATX website, and submit this as a suggestion. The more people that insist, the sooner it will become reality. If you remain silent, you will not be helping.

At the CAB meeting, we learned how FEW people ever sent suggestions. As long as no one speaks, the idea will be ignored.

Edited by kcjenkins
Because this is so important, and so overlooked.
  • Like 1

Jack, please forgive me for editing your post, but I think your message is that important, that I want EVERYONE to read it and take it to heart. Of course, that will not happen, but still, if even a few do make the small effort required, it will still help.

:P I just wish everyone would participate! It is easy to complain, but unless people submit the suggestions, I don't think they should be able to complain. The CAB meeting was to inform CCH/ATX of the feelings and concerns of their customers. Ours were 8 voices and we spoke very intently about many things. However, unless there are a substantial number of others that make suggestions, it will get no attention.

Case in point, ATX2013 is not 64bit compatible. This means that the program can only access a little over 3GB of your RAM. It also is not capable of accessing all the capabilities of a 64bit processor. I have been pushing this "inequity" so hard that I was "rebuffed" for my intensity. I kept asking why the "recommended" hardware was 64bit yet the program was not capable of accessing the 64bit capability. I never did get an answer, and the 64bit question is "under review for possible future implementation."

Voices of their customers will have far more weight if there are enough. Some of the major points we talked about at the CAB meeting had only received a few hundred suggestions from ATX users. ATX is stating they have 20,000 users, so a few hundred is "too small a subset for us to be concerned about."

Point is: Make your suggestions known and make them known often.

• Like 2

I have put in that suggestion over, and over, and over again for about 7 or 8 years. I have emailed Kim in support, I have told every person in support that I have talked to on the phone in support... I feel like I am a voice in the wilderness!

Nice to know I am not alone in seeing the need for this...

I was assured that development was working on this for 2013... yeah right... they gave us a crumb! The problem is they just don't understand how tax preparer work!

You are right, suggestion box! But I am not sure ATX even pays any attention.

Taxtrio

i too made the same suggestions and corrections year after year but not till I got into an email friendship with one of the developers did anything get done. He told me that most "suggestions" don't even reach the developers.

^^^^ THIS is the ultimate problem.

Nothing gets back to those who can do something about it.

I would to be able to get INTO MyATX, but for whatever reason, the wish to keep their security so high, that they expire my password....

So, when its time to send a suggestion... "Sorry, your password is expired..."

Stupid.

Rich

^^^^ THIS is the ultimate problem.

Nothing gets back to those who can do something about it.

I would to be able to get INTO MyATX, but for whatever reason, the wish to keep their security so high, that they expire my password....

So, when its time to send a suggestion... "Sorry, your password is expired..."

Stupid.

Rich

You have not tried in a long time. There is now a link to reset your password on the login page.

Back when ATX was still ATX, there was actually a link to let you talk to the developer that was 'in charge' of a specific issue, and using that I was able to talk to the right 'ear' and get real results, fast. Once CCH bought them, that ended. It's a sad fact but realistic, that if ATX has 20,000 users, a few hundred is "too small a subset for us to be concerned about." So what we have to do is get more users to ask!

• Like 1

Here is an example of the designers listening.... You can read this in the notifications in Return Manager

Program and Forms Updates- Keep all your systems updated to the latest versions

Based on customer feedback, we have separated the Program and Forms update buttons on the ATX 2013 toolbar. When these buttons are red, updates can be downloaded for either category. When the buttons are green, you know that you already have the latest update.

You can also schedule your updates in "Preferences" to occur automatically, at start-up, or at a particular time.

Note to networked users:

• You update each computer on the network- simply click the Program and Forms update buttons at each workstation.
  • If you have a server-only installation, you will need to download and run the update on the server. Login to the Solution Center and pull down the program update from the site.

This site contains several educational topics, including installing, networking, and updating your software
http://www.atxinc.com/education_library/
  • Like 1