ATX Community

Duplicate Submission Id...

Lucho

Simple question, but I need help.

My mind is already burned after trying to learn how to use windows 8.1.

How are we suppose to create the E-files this year so I do not get the same submission id for federal and state?

The whole weekend I have being waiting for the Federal to be accepted first, then send the state and wait for ATX to reject the state (because the duplicate submission id) and again recreate the state (getting at this time the different id submission), and transmitting again (the state).

Watching those videos in the library does not help me with this question.

Thank

Lucho

wait for ATX to reject the state (because the duplicate submission id)

I'm interested in the answer. It sounds like the "minutiae" referred to yesterday [in the thread sid#'s]. Frankly, I don't see how it could be possible unless the number were assigned BEFORE filing. That's how it used to work, so maybe that's why IRS changed the procedure this year.

The program will properly take care of the SID#. More important things to worry about. The IRS process is completely different this year. Further implementation of the MEF protocols.

I always hold the state till the Federal is accepted. If the Federal is rejected and I have to make a change that affects the State, then no amendment is necessary.

10 years of taking care of the e-filing at our firm, e-filing 2,800+ clients each year, I have had ZERO issues with DCN on any return.

That is why I consider it minutiae.

Also have held state until federal accepted, since I have not had a problem with SID's in 7 or 8 years of ATX my mistake was complacency not checking to see if numbers were same. Just checked 2 returns been working on, will finish this coming week and one had same numbers, other did not. Since they were never created for efile, now wondering at what stage are numbers created-rollover? open after rollover? Suggest everyone check before going any further with state.

Also have held state until federal accepted, since I have not had a problem with SID's in 7 or 8 years of ATX my mistake was complacency not checking to see if numbers were same. Just checked 2 returns been working on, will finish this coming week and one had same numbers, other did not. Since they were never created for efile, now wondering at what stage are numbers created-rollover? open after rollover? Suggest everyone check before going any further with state.

Numbers are created when the e-file is created. As long as you do not mess with the ID#s, the program will not create duplicates. If you are using multiple non-networked computers (not a smart way) then you must be sure the DCN sequence is set to not have the same numbers. This has been the same since e-filing started.

Numbers are created when the e-file is created. As long as you do not mess with the ID#s, the program will not create duplicates. If you are using multiple non-networked computers (not a smart way) then you must be sure the DCN sequence is set to not have the same numbers. This has been the same since e-filing started.

I always wait for the federal to be accepted and them I sent the state. This year when creating the e-files I get exactly the same Id number for both federal and state.

As I said in my original post, After ATX reject the state, I am able to recreate the state (then getting a different ID) and retransmit with no problem.

I have the program in another computer which I'll use only in case the primary computer I am using fails; both computers are stand alone and the dcn sequence is different.

Thank you again,

Lucho

I always wait for the federal to be accepted and them I sent the state. This year when creating the e-files I get exactly the same Id number for both federal and state.

As I said in my original post, After ATX reject the state, I am able to recreate the state (then getting a different ID) and retransmit with no problem.

I have the program in another computer which I'll use only in case the primary computer I am using fails; both computers are stand alone and the dcn sequence is different.

Thank you again,

Lucho

Networking them for ATX2013 is the smart thing to do. Trust me. Using separate standalone systems is full of potential trouble this year. Forget all you ever know about ATX from prior years. ATX2013 is totally different.

I do not recreate the state return after the Federal is accepted. I create them at the same time and put the state (those that allow it) in held status. The program then changes held status to created when the Federal is accepted. Never have had 2 ID# to be the same ever.

Not sure why you have that issue.

• Like 1

Jack, forget what you knew about Atx in the past (haha)! Atx creates the number automatically if you have the forms in the return. The number actually populates before you create the e-file, and will not change unless rejected by agency.

We've figured out how this is happening. If you've customized the 1040 (or 1040A or 1040EZ) AND the 1040 EF Info within the same Customize Master session, and at the same time had the "Enter this ERO's information on all new returns:" preference enabled, you will end up with duplicated SubmissionID's. We're working on how to prevent it, but in the meantime, please do the following: 1. From the Return Manager, select Forms -> Customize Master Forms. 2. When the list of forms is displayed, select the 1040 EF Info form, then from the "Customize" menu, select "Restore Single Selected Master Form". 3. Confirm to restore this form to it's default version. 4. You can immediately reselect the 1040 EF Info and customize it again. 5. Any new returns will NOT duplicate the SubmissionID's like they have been. If you have customized state EF Info forms, you'll have to restore and re-customize them as well. The key is to NOT customize the EF Info forms with a federal signature form (1040/A/EZ, 1120/S, 1065, 1041 etc) in the same customize session. This will prevent you from duplicating any further SubmissionID's. For existing e-files, you can either: A) transmit them, which will generate the EFC Reject. Once you receive the reject (which is very fast, typically less than 10 minutes), simply reopen the return and recreate the rejected e-files. This should create a new SubmissionID. B) discard the EF Info form, then add it back to the return. This will also generate new SubmissionID's in the EF Info form, which can then be created and transmitted normally. Thanks for your patience while we figured this out. ATXJosh

This was posted on the other forum. Maybe it applies to your situation, but then again maybe not.

Jack, forget what you knew about Atx in the past (haha)! Atx creates the number automatically if you have the forms in the return. The number actually populates before you create the e-file, and will not change unless rejected by agency.

That is exactly what I am experiencing.

Thank you

Lucho

Right Deb, but in my stand alone Win 7 set-up did not customize any forms (yet any way), and have the problem sporadically. Solution for me so far is to check the numbers before creating efile, if duplication exists discard and add back state efile form which gives it different number.