ATX Community

ATX Using More Hard Dirve Space ... again

Crank

I know this has been previously discussed and it was to be rectified in a program update (and it appeared it was) but I noticed my free disc space has shrunk by about 15GB over the past day or two. I only have windows and ATX on my c drive (256GB SSD) and I monitor the free space frequently. Has anyone else noticed this.

Yes, it still takes a lot of space. Jack tells us the new program is better and requires the additional space. But I wonder about the program compared to other programs, why the need for more space in comparison to other programs. In the long run, I don't think a 256gb HD is sufficient.

I know this has been previously discussed and it was to be rectified in a program update (and it appeared it was) but I noticed my free disc space has shrunk by about 15GB over the past day or two. I only have windows and ATX on my c drive (256GB SSD) and I monitor the free space frequently. Has anyone else noticed this.

Contact tech support. Sounds like there are other issues at work on your system. If you have updated to 13.4, the backup file size problem was eliminated.

Contact tech support.

Yes, it still takes a lot of space. Jack tells us the new program is better and requires the additional space. But I wonder about the program compared to other programs, why the need for more space in comparison to other programs. In the long run, I don't think a 256gb HD is sufficient.

I agree that the 256 GB C drive wont be sufficient in the long run. I just purchased the machine in late 2013 and also have a 3TB D drive. Had I known about ATX only installing to the C drive I would have configured it differently. All of my other programs are located on the D drive.