ATX Community

Program closed, lost data.

DANRVAN

This happened after I updated. The program closed as I was preparing to print. When I reopened, the data was gone. Auto save was set for 5 minutes and at least that amount of time had passed. Luckily it was a simple return and it only took 10 minutes to put the data back in.

Jack was telling me just the other day that I shouldn't save as often as I do. I save early and often. I do this in ANY program I use (spreadsheet, text editor, email, etc.) I've lost data in ATX on crashes several times in the past few weeks, but it is always just one form because I save before switching forms almost without fail.

I hit Ctrl-S about every minute or so. Whenever I'm ready to hit Ctrl-B, I always hit Ctrl-S first. You don't even have to release the Ctrl key.

This happened after I updated. The program closed as I was preparing to print. When I reopened, the data was gone. Auto save was set for 5 minutes and at least that amount of time had passed. Luckily it was a simple return and it only took 10 minutes to put the data back in.

If this was a new return, and had not been closed or saved at least once, the autosave will not function. When you create a new return, after inputting demographic info, perform a save. Autosave will then work. This is a complete change from prior years where it would autosave an incomplete return.

• Like 1

The most important thing you do on a computer is SAVE, SAVE, SAVE! If your computer "takes too long to save", get a new computer.

I was entering 5 W2s yesterday and I saved after each one. I save after entering each asset. I was saving less in ATX early on until it crashed and I had to reenter a K1 and Basis worksheet. I would rather spend a 1/10 of a second pressing Ctrl-S than 3 or 4 minutes reentering a K1, not to mention the frustration. Ain't nobody got time for that!