ATX Community

1042-S

michaelmars

HE was a student but now he works here, his social sec card says that's its eligible for employment with Home land security permission. the 1042-s was from his school where he worked while taking classes. graduated college @ 16 got his phd by 20, Lets just call him Sheldon.

You have to check his treaty and how it's coded. Students on F-1s do the 1040-NR for five years...and the income may be exempt.

• Like 1

this was a return I was doing as a favor for a client he works with, "can you do this kid a favor and file his returns" Well I believe in the Clint Eastward saying "a mans got to know his limitations" .. for the pittance I was charging him, I told him to find a preparer that's local that does this stuff regularly, He lives in a Chinese area so I know there are many preparers that advertise [in Chinese] in his area who could do a better job cost effectively.

Thanks for the input, just shows how much one doesn't know.

this was a return I was doing as a favor for a client he works with, "can you do this kid a favor and file his returns" Well I believe in the Clint Eastward saying "a mans got to know his limitations" .. for the pittance I was charging him, I told him to find a preparer that's local that does this stuff regularly, He lives in a Chinese area so I know there are many preparers that advertise [in Chinese] in his area who could do a better job cost effectively.

Thanks for the input, just shows how much one doesn't know.

I would do it for a little fee. Just tell him to do a little research of his situation and guide him. He seems to be very smart and you could easily have a person doing research for you for free.

"just shows how much one doesn't know." In this field that's the daily struggle. Thanks God for this forum, which reminds me that we should DONATE while supplies last.

• Like 3