ATX Community

Long Sch SE / This is it. This is how it ends.

RitaB

This happens to me, and I don't know why. Somehow, the long Sch SE gets chosen, I don't know who sneaks in here and does that. My clients can't handle the long Sch SE, I have learned the hard way. It freaks them out. Always saves them a dollar, but nooooo, I gotta print stuff over to avoid the whole conversation.

Three more Saturdays, Guys.

• Like 4

I did that a couple of weeks ago. One of them just wasn't on my calendar at all (not on the wrong date or wrong year, just not there)! So the 2nd to arrive (the one who was on my calendar) just dropped off her stuff & I did the rest of hers by e-mail. So not the disaster it could have been.

am I missing something? I don't do a lot of appointments but my staff does and sometimes a 1/2 appt. runs into an hour or so. I hate [really hate] making people wait for me but we are professionals and things happen. Everyone here I am sure has waited over an hour for a doctors appointment, right?

If you make someone wait, you apologize and move on, in fact they might respect you more for "being such a busy professional". I would never consider someone waiting a bit, a disaster or anything needing more than a quick apology. Would you cancel them or refuse to do their return if they were 15 minutes late?

Happens every once in a while. I do lots of appointments; then sometimes have the folks drop in for pickups or something else when I am with a client and it always happens when my assistant isn't there. Friday, two dropped in at once, but the client in the chair didn't really have an appt either; so just asked her to have a chair in the other half of the office while I took care of the picker uppers, who I was expecting. Yes, I think they admire the fact that you are "sometimes" very busy and hopefully it indicates to them that you might be doing something right. In the midst of the chaos, my son walked in with a contract from the car lot for me to take care of. He said "Hi" to everyone and made a hasty exit. He gets to enter and escape through the house.

I agree that clients should understand. Had the situation today where a client had an appointment but never told me about (3) schedule "C" that I would be preparing. Threw the rest of the day off. My attitude is the same as michaelmars. All of us have waited way past our appointment times to see a doctor, dentist or some other medical professional. To me, it is the nature of our business.

• Like 2