ATX Community

Printing problems

cantup

Does someone is having problems to print a return?

Since two days ago I start having problems to print my returns, I'm using an HP LaserJet 1022 same printer for the last three years. The only solution for this is turn off my computer and start again, some times when I start my ATX program it start printing the return that couldn't print before. Is someone having this kind of problem?

Everything looks right, when I check printer status I see the documents waiting for print.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Since two days ago I start having problems to print my returns, I'm using an HP LaserJet 1022 same printer for the last three years. The only solution for this is turn off my computer and start again, some times when I start my ATX program it start printing the return that couldn't print before. Is someone having this kind of problem?

Everything looks right, when I check printer status I see the documents waiting for print.

Any ideas?

Thank you

The problem you are describing is an issue with your printer software. Is your printer on the accepted list by ATX? I have used many printers not on the list, but I am not familiar with yours. It seems that when you send a document to print, the printer que in the software gets "stuck." When you turn off, or reboot your computer, the printer software resets, and starts processing the documents in the que. I have no certain fix, but I would un-install the printer and its software, reboot, then reinstall.

his name was TomPerry, i won a bet with him that my error was caused by ATX and not my printers. I won and my Software was free last year, as per my promise to ATX i never disclosed that but not - WTF. Anyway, try increasing the time your print spool stays open. I had to do that a few years ago and then the printing went fine. Another option is to send less to your printer with each click, ie , print your copy separately.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Try downloading the newest printer driver.

My HP 1300 seemed to lock up when trying to print from the program. I could print a test page from the printer menu and the return would print from another work station and after I quit the program and went back into it. I believe I clicked on printing a page and also tried to print 2 copies of return in quick succession. this is the first time I'ce ever had a problem with the hp1300. maybe need more memory?