ATX Community

ATX issues..feel free to add to the list

jshtax

The add needed forms automatically is whacked now. I get Sch A every time someone has state withholding, the 8960 when people are nowhere near the income level to be affected. And worse, the damn forms don't stay deleted! I had to print a return three times because of a 1099-G that kept rolling over the prior years state refund and putting it in as taxable when the previous year had been filed late so the refund wasn't taxable in the next year, but the one after. Delete, save, hit print...oh crap, there goes another ream of paper before I noticed (I'm too tired for this crap!). The Sch A wouldn't be an issue except that I use the forms billing and it screws up the invoice.

• Like 2

Maybe we can take this to the "complaints Section" that exists at ATX?

Rich

All good ideas, and YES that is exactly what you should do. Listing them here does NOT get them to the people who need to hear them. No promises that they will listen, but the more people ask, the better the odds.

• Like 1

All good ideas, and YES that is exactly what you should do. Listing them here does NOT get them to the people who need to hear them. No promises that they will listen, but the more people ask, the better the odds.

KC:

I know its a great idea. If I could EVER get into their site.

That's *my* biggest problem.

Rich

you have missed something because I never have to add my default state on any return I rollover. Do you have your preference checked for your state or do you have all?

i have my state set as default in the settings but it doesnt add it to a rolled over return. I think its because I converted from Taxwise in 2012 and they only convert fed info.

I think you are correct.

I did the same thing, but I also checked each return in ATX to what was actually filed in TaxWise. I only do a few state returns, but I did add them to the 2012 file during that review process. So my states are opening. In some cases I have a state that is not one my 3 allowed by ATX and I do get the warnings on those. I can still add them through Pay Per Return.