ATX Community

Eric- why are there annoying words highlighted in the posts?

joanmcq

I've been seeing this on websites and its driving me crazy.  Now here too: for example in my recent gas station thread, every time POS system appears in a post, its capitalized and underlined and a different color and if I move my mouse over it a little unwanted box comes up.

This crap is driving me nuts and rendering much of what I'm trying to read, well, unreadable.  Is this a setting in my browser that I can adjust or is it just some new web thing that will make me go back to books due to its annoyance?  Or just surf on my iPad which doesn't have this #$%$ issue?

I've had a huge problem of this type all year, worse on some sites, sometimes blue or red with underlining.  Sometimes it goes away for a while or disappears on some sites but not others.  Use antimalware and antivirus software.  Don't seem to have it here since my return Sunday night from a couple of weeks away (Appalachia Service Project in VA).