ATX Community

Ohio E-file Options Mailer

Ray in Ohio

um.... just curious what all the other Ohio Tax Preparers do with the Oh Dept of Taxation mailer that gets sent out to all taxpayers. It seems that is one thing that the taxpayer never forgets to bring along. They might forget a W2 or quite often forget a SSN but never will they forget that mailer. I think we should get together and come up with something useful to do with these things. It seems some taxpayers are almost offended when that is the first thing I grab out of their stack and throw it in the trash. Should we all save them and get together after tax season and see how big of a card house we can build with them? Any other ideas??

Just checking!!!

(hope this post is ok on this forum)

It seems that is one thing that the taxpayer never forgets to bring along. They might forget a W2 or quite often forget a SSN but never will they forget that mailer.

You're so right! They do forget everything but those!

I think we should get together and come up with something useful to do with these things. It seems some taxpayers are almost offended when that is the first thing I grab out of their stack and throw it in the trash. Should we all save them and get together after tax season and see how big of a card house we can build with them? Any other ideas??

My sister, an obsessive recycler, was visiting this week and kept picking them out of my wastebasket. She'd be thrilled if we could actually find a use for them!

Cat