ATX Community

International Per Diem Rates

David

Does anyone know a quick simple way to find the 2013 international per diem rates?

Intelliconnect is worthless and the IRS website doesn't shoe those rates. Each source only shows US rates.

Thanks.

U.S. Dept of State website with foreign per diem rates listed by country and effective dates. Some countries have multiple cities or regions listed:

http://aoprals.state.gov/web920/per_diem_action.asp?CountryCode=0000

Same site, discussion of per diem and additional links:

http://aoprals.state.gov/content.asp?content_id=184&menu_id=78

Clicking on the 2 links at the left under per diem brings up more information and other links including a search by country if you don't want to use the chart I linked to above. The chart seems easier though.

• Like 1

Judy,

Thanks so much for the links.

The weird thing is that my client can't let his parents, me or anyone else know where he goes. So I have no idea which country he was in.

Right now he is somewhere out of the US waiting to be assigned to some country.

Anyway, I am guessing that the ME&I per diem rate is subject to the 50% limitation. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Below is one of the choices using IntelliConnect for "per diem rates":

News: 
Federal Tax Day - Current, I.3, October Maximum Per Diem Rates for Travel in Foreign Areas Released, (Sept. 26, 2014)

-  October Maximum Per Diem Rates for Travel in Foreign Areas Released...released a listing of maximum travel per diem allowances for travel in foreign areas...14,417.421 October MaximumPer Diem Rates for Travel in Foreign Areas Released

Judy,

Thanks so much for the links.

The weird thing is that my client can't let his parents, me or anyone else know where he goes. So I have no idea which country he was in.

Right now he is somewhere out of the US waiting to be assigned to some country.

Anyway, I am guessing that the ME&I per diem rate is subject to the 50% limitation. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Point him to the link jkl provided and instruct him how to calculate the expense. And yes, it is 50%, unless he is covered under DOT.  

You also said where he goes.  That is different than where he went.  He may want to clarify that with his supervisor as some people with security clearances sometimes over interpret the rules.