ATX Community

ATX SUPPORT TO END FOR NON RENEWERS ?

Lee B

I copied this from an ATX email I received yesterday:

RENEWAL REMINDER: Software is shipping next month-Renew before November 14th-and you won't experience a break in your product support. Call 800-495-4626 to renew

I don't remember ATX saying in previous years ???

I copied this from an ATX email I received yesterday:

RENEWAL REMINDER: Software is shipping next month-Renew before November 14th-and you won't experience a break in your product support. Call 800-495-4626 to renew

I don't remember ATX saying in previous years ???

Creative wording to strike fear in your heart. 

I don't believe they can stop support for software you have already purchased.  If that is true, it confirms many things I have not wanted to believe, but keep nagging in my mind.

Sure they can. It's very clearly spelled out in the license agreement that everyone accepts, and it does include the Nov 15th date. Specifically, here a cut and paste taken directly from the ATX licensing agreement (bolding is mine):

4. TERM & TERMINATION

4.1. Expiration of Rights.

Subject to the terms of subsection 4.2 - 4.5, the License granted under this Agreement to use the Software will be perpetual. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Customer’s access to Support, including Updates, will expire one (1) year from the initial date of delivery for the applicable Software. Notwithstanding the term set forth above, access to Web-based Applications and access to electronic filing for tax compliance software will expire on November 15th of the tax processing year for which such particular Software was purchased (for example, the

2014 tax year software, which is used in the 2015 tax filing season, will expire on November 15, 2015), unless stated otherwise on the applicable Order Confirmation

Expiration of Agreement.

This Agreement will stay in effect until Support and access to electronic filing and if applicable, Web-based Applications, have expired pursuant to Section 4.1 above. The following sections will survive the expiration of this Agreement under this subsection 4.2:

subsections 5.3, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5 and 8.6, and Sections 1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 10 and 11

Link to the entire license agreement: https://www.cchsfs.com/pdf/license.pdf

Edited by jklcpa
added link and underline

It is really of no consequence.  They have stated that they will not repair, change or alter and previous year's software, rather focusing on making the upcoming software better.  Any issues that are inherent in 2013 right now, will not be changed.  This was started with 2012.  2012 still has major issues that are a pain in the backside. 

So, what support are they willing to provide for prior years currently?  More management doublespeak.

With the wording of the contract, they are not going to supply prior year support no matter what.

The question isn't really "can they?" but "will they?".   According to the agreement "support" includes access to the server for e-filing, so if they choose to follow their agreement to the letter, it is possible for ATX to cut off access from Nov 15th until the user renews.