ATX Community

2011 & 2012 Program Updates - E-file?

Janitor Bob

Just got back from vacation and not in my office yet.  Can anybody tell me if the 2011 and 2012 program updates are ready yet?  My first task when I get into my office will be to get 2011 and 2012 returns transmitted for a client...I know we could not do that until program updates were released for those years.

Only 2012 & 2013 will allow e-file.  Not certain about how many states will allow e-file of 12 & 13 tax returns.  We do returns from all states, and undoubtedly we will have several with 12 & 13 to do.  I will keep up on which states go and which states don't.  I started a thread about this and will post what I find there.

This just in...

Prior year efile- federal and state information

We have posted new EF Info forms to 2012 and 2013 ATX to allow you to efile those two prior years.  You will download federal and state EF Info forms

This includes both business and individual returns that IRS allows to be efiled.  If a form or field in a particular return disallows efile, the software will display text to you during diagnostics.

For state information, please refer to the chart on this KB article to know which return types are allowed to be efiled for prior year.

KB 14930

Posted by

Stephanie Bradford at

10:48 AM icon18_edit_allbkg.gif

Labels: ATX, Efile
  • Like 3