ATX Community

NT lost dog/found dog

Janitor Bob

Lila the giant dog got loose this morning...and she is a runner...cancelled all appointment and initiated a 2-hour search.  No luck....I was frantic, but resigned myself to the fact that there was nothing I could accomplish by repeatedly driving around various neighborhoods.  I put the word out to friends, facebook, and local animal shelter and got back to work.  within 10 minutes of opening the ATX program back up, I received a call from a local Veterinarian informing me that a local auto-body shop had my dog.  A mechanic had seen Lila running outside and called her...she eagerly came because she does not know a stranger.  He took her to a vet next door and they scanned her microchip.  Since I had registered her microchip through 24PetWatch, they were able to get my contact information and called me.  I went to the Auto-Body shop and there was Lila...sitting and happily watching the guy sand the hood of a car....so all is well....but the funniest part is that after driving many miles all over looking...where do you think this auto-body shop and Vet were located?

the end of my street....no more than 100 yards away.

• Like 7

A lost dog can ruin a perfectly good day.  Been there done that - on more than one occasion.  My best friend (second to my wife, of course) for many years, took off one day with a pack of dogs that ran through the neighborhood.  She was a very young and beautiful German Shepherd.  I was out in the yard with her at the time, and when those dogs came by, I guess she thought she had a better offer.  This was long before the chip thing and facebook and cell phones and all of that.  Three days later we found her.  We were walking on one side of a very busy highway and she was lying in a driveway on the other side.  It is only by the grace of God that Flower (the dog), my wife and myself did not get hit by traffic when we met in the middle of that road.  That moment defined true happiness.

Glad your day turned out happy! 

• Like 5