ATX Community

Efile rejection codes

Margaret CPA in OH

First time ever. Extension rejected "Software ID in the Return Header must have passed testing for the form family and 'TaxYr'. Cleverly and of no help it then says "In other words... Software ID in the Return Header must have passed testing for the form family and 'TaxYr'. Those other words...

I have checked here and online (lots of codes from other software companies) without success. I sort of thought I recalled seeing a link to these somewhere. Now, of course, I doubt anything I think.

The actual code is R0000-904-03 Clues? I am up to date, I believe, on all forms.

That is weird.  I think I might call ATX about it, or try to recreate and resubmit.  It looks like something wasn't included properly on ATX' end. There's nothing in their knowledgebase about that code either.  The IRS site says this about that code:

1. All electronically filed returns are required to have a Software Identification Number (SIN) transmitted as part of the return. If the number is not provided, the return will reject with MeF Business Rule R0000-904-03. The Software Identification Number is designed to identify software products used when transmitting returns to the IRS. It is not used to track the serial numbers of individual software packages.

Note:

Individuals or firms who purchase another Developer's current year approved software for the purpose of using and/or marketing it under their own name, must complete and submit an application requesting a separate Software Identification Number (SIN).

I was out running with my training group so just got back to this. Judy, I would love to know where you found the information you provided. I used the search term 'efile rejection codes' and came up with nothing at all useful.

I tried once to recreate but had the same result. Perhaps a good night's sleep will do us all some good! G'night...

Wouldn't you know that in the Forms Update, there was a ver. 68 for 4868 to fix efiling rejections! I recreated and it went through perfectly.

Judy, I googled the code and found what you did then downloaded the whole list. Funny it should be easier to find there than on IRS site - not! It was a bit misleading that the title I saw was for 1065 errors but it did have the entire list. I also noticed that my query was about 4th on the list.

Thanks!

• Like 2