ATX Community

Problems with client letter

Janitor Bob

Everything was going fine with ATX this year...but in the last 10 days or so, I am suddenly and unexpectedly having problems with the Fed client letter not recognizing state or local forms/letters.  For example the below error is suddenly appearing on a Fed client letter

IMPORTANT: Currently, there is not a supported state form associated with the state client letter below. Discard the state client letter and open a new one.

the last time I opened this return (2 days ago) this was not there...and I have made ZERO changes to the return.  Discarding the OH letter and adding a new one does nothing.

I had a similar issue with the Fed client letter not recognizing the OH local return/letter.  All letters are fine if I do NOT combine.  but when I tell the Fed letter to combine the Fed with State & local, I occasionally get these weird issues.  I have tried discarding and replacing all letters...same issue.  I even removed the OH IT 1040 and added it again...same issue.

Not the end of the world, but annoying.
Edited by Janitor Bob
  • Like 1

Not the end of the world, but annoying.

But, little things mean a lot. Just like no mailing address on the amended return letter this year.

Aaaannnd, my stapler kept jamming. My friend, possi, told me to get premium staples. It worked. Little victories mean a lot, too.

• Like 2

I was hoping ATX had fixed the letters. In 2013 the letters were the biggest problem area. All was well in 2014 until one day last week I noticed the wording of my letters had returned to the default wording and some of my formatting had disappeared.

I guess a lot of users use the letters as they are but I find them horrendously wordy and have made substantial changes to them.

I've copied some of the letters into rtf files so I can easily return them to the way I want but the client letters have so many possible configurations that I can't do that. I guess i could do different portions but I haven't taken the time to do that yet.

• Like 1

But, little things mean a lot. Just like no mailing address on the amended return letter this year.

Aaaannnd, my stapler kept jamming. My friend, possi, told me to get premium staples. It worked. Little victories mean a lot, too.

Would that be "Possi Galore" (Goldfinger)