ATX Community

BEST client pick-up ever.

Catherine

Awww, that's so sweet.

Thursday, I had an elderly gentleman come in with his forms to see if he had to file. I told him no, if that was all he had, he did not.

He reached in his pocket and pulled out a $25 gift card from Cracker Barrel. He said, "That's what you said last year, too, and you're awful sweet to let me come in and ask. Have a big lunch on me."

He got a hug.

• Like 10

Some clients just have it all figured out.  My elderly gentleman this week neither asked to dance nor gave me a CB gift certificate; but learned from my staff for the first time that I have a pacemaker.  He immediately got up from the front desk where he was checking out , marched right back to my office, laid hands on me and proceeded to pray.  When he was done he said, "you are going to make it, I have it from good authority that He's not ready for you yet".  And with that, he left.

• Like 10

I have a client (retired pastor) who sends in his stuff every year and every year I tell him he doesn't need to file. I go on to tell him that if there is no change next year, he won't have to file then either. I told him to just call me and let me know know what he got (It is always one 1099-R for about $5k and a SS statement). I keep telling him he is not even close to the filing threshold.

Every year he sends a $25 gift card to a local restaurant. I've begged him to not do that but he insists. Some people are just unapologetically happy, generous souls. I want to be like that when I grow up. :rolleyes:

• Like 7