ATX Community

jklcpa- Or Any Drake Users Formerly ATX- Form 1116

jlewis

I think by your posts you are currently using Drake and I have a question regarding form 1116 with Drake. 1116 instructions are pretty skimpy on what entries go on line 3b. ATX put medical (if any) & real estate taxes on 3a and basically rest of Sch A deductions on 3b with 1040 adjustments automatically. Drake does not seem to automatically fill in 3b, you have to use override screen for 3b entries with a schedule.

Talked with Drake support this morning & appears they think 3b only includes something like alimony, only item mentioned in instructions.

Would like to hear from other former ATXers comments using Drake their interpretation of what goes on form 1116 line 3b.  Thanks for any responses.

I answer your post in the Drake subforum.  This isn't specific to Drake; you should check and enter proper amounts no matter what program you are using.

As I said in my other answer, I can't tell you what else might belong on that line specifically for your client because I don't know what is on that return.  Are there any other deductions on the return that aren't related to any specific item of income?

• Like 1