ATX Community

WEIRD phone call

Catherine

Meant to post this earlier and got distracted. 

Phone call this morning; guy says he tried to e-file last night with Ttx and rejection for used ssn.  Called Intuit for help, they gave him MY number and said I could help.  Then it turns out he thought I was the IRS!?!?!  

Gave him the identity theft number, name/number of the affidavit form (all posted HERE in another thread, thank you ALL very much), had a nice chat about the other steps he needs to take like calling the cops, getting a 5-digit IRS PIN next year, etc.  He was very grateful.  Sent me an email later offering to give me a great review on facebook or linked in.

But seriously wtf Charlie?  Intuit gives out MY number and says I'm the IRS?

• Like 3

He probably lied.

They probably told him to contact the IRS. After repeated failed attempts, he probably gave up and decided to contact a local tax preparer for info. Cause we have time...

BTW, when people call information around here, ask for H&R Block and choose to be connected, their call is sent to me! I have never been affiliated with H&R.

• Like 1

He probably lied.

They probably told him to contact the IRS. After repeated failed attempts, he probably gave up and decided to contact a local tax preparer for info. Cause we have time...

BTW, when people call information around here, ask for H&R Block and choose to be connected, their call is sent to me! I have never been affiliated with H&R.

But do you have an advertising deal with the phone company?