ATX Community

Child Support - Non-Custodial Parent

Max W

Seeing as how my ex always had issues meeting those things, even though she was working as well, is the very basis for my "issue" with how she was spending my child support money.  I spent more money helping keep those things current for my children.  I do not begrudge spending any money to take care of my children.  I just wish there was a device in place to make her as responsible for spending the money as there was to make sure I paid it.

Unless you have been there, you have no idea.

Jack, you are to be commended for the manner in which you handled the support of your children.  Sadly, there's too many men/women who don't fulfill their responsibility to their children.   Your support mirrored the support my father provided in a very similar situation as yours.  Please keep in mind that the fact that you did your part, regardless of what the ex did, will always be in the minds and hearts of your children.  Thus the pride that you (and your children) should and can have should far outweigh any doubts about how the ex spent the funds.  She made her bed....let her sleep in it!  

• Like 2

Seeing as how my ex always had issues meeting those things, even though she was working as well, is the very basis for my "issue" with how she was spending my child support money.  I spent more money helping keep those things current for my children.  I do not begrudge spending any money to take care of my children.  I just wish there was a device in place to make her as responsible for spending the money as there was to make sure I paid it.

Unless you have been there, you have no idea.

Many of us have "been there"!  I could go on and on, but it is water over the dam and the child in question is now an adult and understands just what went on.  She is much closer to our family than she is to her mother's.

• Like 2