ATX Community

Schedule H

MsTabbyKats

I think I am having a "senior moment"....or just never did this before.

Client is hiring a nanny.  If I do a Schedule H....he ends up paying 100% of the social security/medicare.

If he withholds from her...he needs to do a 941 and a W-2, correct?

He can issue a 1099-Misc...and then she will be responsible for everything (he can re-reimburse her if that's the agreement).

Am I wrong....missing something....forgetting something?

I'm just going to be lazy and say check out Publication 926.  Agree with the other Rita.  :D   Basically, Sch H serves as the 941 (or 943, as it were).  Don't complete 941 or 943.  Prepare W-2 and W-3, 940, and state unemployment if wages are above the limits.  Wages paid to some individuals don't count.  Agree, a nanny is not a subcontractor.

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p926/ar02.html#en_US_2014_publink100086752

Edited by RitaB
  • Like 5

I'm just going to be lazy and say check out Publication 926.  Agree with the other Rita.  :D   Basically, Sch H serves as the 941 (or 943, as it were).  Don't complete 941 or 943.  Prepare W-2 and W-3, 940, and state unemployment if wages are above the limits.  Wages paid to some individuals don't count.  Agree, a nanny is not a subcontractor.

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p926/ar02.html#en_US_2014_publink100086752

Schedule H also serves as the 940; complete page 2 if the employee meets the requirement to pay FUTA. 

• Like 3