ATX Community

Tax Book discount

easytax

Given ATX is not supplying as much reference material (without extra cost) as it has in previous years I share this information.

Tax Book http://www.thetaxbook.com/index.asp has been given good reports on this forum many times. Using that, I just finalized my order with "Gabriel" at 866-919-5277 ext. 153 .

Currently a 20% discount is offered "E20B" on many products.   Give Gabriel a call (if he can put up with me -- he is golden and happy to help).      Just wanted to share.

Good Season,  Ed

• Like 3

The Tax Book lives on my desk... and I keep a couple of back years' versions, as well - for those late or non-filers.  Answers those "what WERE the rules on this two years ago?" questions.  

The state book I only replace every three years or so; just not enough changes (that I see).

Good CPE, too, at good prices.

• Like 3

I hate to be a naysayer here, but I have always used Quickfinder except for two years; once several years ago and last year.  I hated it both times.  Am returning to Quickfinder this year.  Perhaps it is all in what you are used to., but I had great difficulty finding answers in the Taxbook quickly.  I ended up hardly using it.  On the other hand, Quickfinder is in my hand and on my desk more often than not.  I agree with Catherine as to replacing the States book about once every three years.

• Like 1

We all have our favorites.  I like TTB and can't find what I want in Quickfinder; some find it the opposite.  YMMV.  Find one that works for you and your practice, stick with it.  When stuck, post to the forum!  That is also the magic solution for answers you *know* you have seen but are hiding.  As soon as you hit "send" out they pop!

• Like 4

Actually, I never depend on just one resource.  And, Catherine, you are correct.  The best source of information by far is this board.  I also like having separate references for 1040 returns and businesses.  This year, WI brought back their WI Tax Book after a year without it.  This an amazing source of information. 

• Like 2