ATX Community

1099's still in limbo

DonnaA

I finally received acks on some 1099's filed three weeks ago, but have some filed one week ago still in "Validated by EFC" status. Am I the only one? I've tried to synchronize with ATX, as instructed, but still no acks. As usual, emails to ATX go unanswered after an initial automated reply.

This is from the ATX Support website:

1099/1098 efile issues

02/21/08

updated 2-21-08 10am---1099 efiles, we have identified some returns from Feb 14th that were not sent successfully. We resent those yesterday and expect acks today or tomorrow.

Well......, it is now 2/23/08 and mine from the 14th are still not acked.

I guess I need to be more patient. This is my first year e-filing 1099's with ATX. In prior years I used another software program, which was more user-friendly. After entering company information only one time, you could create W-2's and 1099's, and e-file directly with IRS and SSA.

It's also my first year e-filing 1041's and 1120's. Corporate filings have gone smoothly, but I have received no acks for 1041's.

I guess I need to be more patient. This is my first year e-filing 1099's with ATX. In prior years I used another software program, which was more user-friendly. After entering company information only one time, you could create W-2's and 1099's, and e-file directly with IRS and SSA.

It's also my first year e-filing 1041's and 1120's. Corporate filings have gone smoothly, but I have received no acks for 1041's.

Donna, I'm beginning to think the getting ACK's back is a crap shoot. I'm still waiting on 7 - 940's. But I got all of my 1099's.

I got an answer on my 1041 (after 3 phone calls). It was rejected but they couldn't deliver the rejection. It took 2 more calls to get them to email it to me. Funny that CCH can find me by email to deliver their SPAM and JUNK but they can't seem to find me to deliver a rejection.

The service is absolutely horrible and has been in Dec., Jan, and now Feb. Each call is answered with some lame excuse and a promise that it is temporary. Guess what it's not. They've got our money and obviously are not going to spend it on more tech staff! The only solution is to cut their client base dramatically. I'm going to do my part right after this tax year.

As for my question, I also have a few 1099's in limbo although the majority have been accepted. I also have some 1040s dated 2-20-08 that are just sitting there. Does anyone have any idea why some would be sent to the IRS and some just sit. You have my permission to back bill ATX for a service call if you have the answer. Thanks in advance.

As for my question, I also have a few 1099's in limbo although the majority have been accepted. I also have some 1040s dated 2-20-08 that are just sitting there. Does anyone have any idea why some would be sent to the IRS and some just sit. You have my permission to back bill ATX for a service call if you have the answer. Thanks in advance.

The efiles you sent on the 20th should be accepted. I believe that is the day the server was down. In ATX, go to Support-Tech Support Utilities-Synchronize. Your statuses should get updated to accepted. That's what I had to do. Just keep in mind that anything marked complete on the efile tab will become unchecked, so you will have to recheck them.

The efiles you sent on the 20th should be accepted. I believe that is the day the server was down. In ATX, go to Support-Tech Support Utilities-Synchronize. Your statuses should get updated to accepted. That's what I had to do. Just keep in mind that anything marked complete on the efile tab will become unchecked, so you will have to recheck them.

Thank you, After reading problems others were having I actually did that and it worked. Now I'm down to three of about a dozen 1099s filed that are still sitting there but they're not as important to me.

A bloomin' murricle has occurred! I had 3, count 'em, 3 1099's accepted today after having filed them Feb. 22nd!

Of course, the ones validated Jan. 30 and Feb. 20 are still hanging around as are the 941 from Feb. 18 and EF94XREG from Jan. 25. I looked into the Rejection errors for each and get the notice that there are no rejection errors. So what's wrong with these poor things? I am a "lady in waiting" (no snide comments, please, just eat your frikkin bananas).