ATX Community

Late Return Help

MBjunket

I filed my 2013 taxes late this year. I mailed them in 9/10/15 and received a notice with my paperwork on several weeks later stating I forgot to sign the return as well as missing a W2 :p. So I did what was requested and mailed it a different address they provided, IRS Submissions Processing, on 10/20/15. I'm expecting a refund (badly needed) and filled the direct deposit info out as well.

So here's my questions. First, does the "Where's My Refund" tool work for past years returns because I've heard it does and it doesn't? Second, the fact that I sent it to a different address mean it will process faster? Third, what number should I call to verify they received my return (I'm in OK and sent it to Fresno as they requested). Lastly, when should I expect the deposit? Te first time I sent it, it mailed out on 9/10 and they stamped the return with 9/18 and 9/21 then it was mailed back on 9/24 (post mark on the  envelope). That's only 2 weeks.

Edited by MBjunket
Typo

Good morning MBjunket. This forum is set up for professional tax preparers that use a particular brand of tax program to help help each other, and we don't provide taxpayer assistance to the general public.

Your best course of action is to call the main IRS number at 1-800-829-1040 and ask these questions of an IRS representative.

• Like 4