ATX Community

My Tax Prep Office

Lee B

Last spring there was a thread about this software questioning whether it was real or a scam or ?

Saw this on Accounting WEB this morning and copied :

MyTAXPrepOffice, a new SaaS-based tool for U.S.-based tax preparers, is now out of beta and rolling out to the market

The Wyoming-based company claims the tool has already successfully processed more than 600,000 state and federal tax returns, with the ability to run on multiple platforms, including iPad, Android tablets, Mac and Windows computers, as well as the ability to automate practice management in multiple offices. Tax forms released by the IRS are also updated regularly within MyTAXPrepOffice.

In addition, a hybrid storage mode is under development, which will store all needed software and returns -- besides the online storage -- securely on the computer or tablet. This way, all the benefits of the online solution are maintained and the tax preparer can continue to work offline.

MyTAXPrepOffice will offer this tax season a tailored website per tax preparer, where the clients of the tax preparer can see the status and documents online and can interact with the tax preparer to reduce the effort and cost of the tax preparer. Users also have the ability to offer bank products due to several banking partnerships.

In addition to improvements in the core workflows, a tax preparer may need access to additional software or services. These may include secure document storage, a tax library, electronic signature service, time accounting software, or an accounting package.

For pricing and additional information, feel free to connect with them at www.mytaxprepoffice.com

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am looking into to possibly purchasing this software, but unfortunately I found out they are not approved for Georgia state efile which would hurt my business tremendously.  Do you work for them? or can you recommend something efficient and affordable for a newbie?

J

• 1 year later...
Making the decision to switch to this software has been the absolutely worst decision I have ever made in business. I have had over 30 returns have a glitch in transmission, resulting in a lower refund amount; and we have had to amend those returns because the software did not carry over the correct amounts.
My clients are receiving emails regarding an omission of the 8867 related to education credits. The changes to the 8867 were not implemented until March 3, 2017... we've known about these changes long before March 3, 2017. The software should have been updated to reflect these changes before risking our clients to possible fees and penalties.
Our previous year information did not convert over, as advertised.
This has been the absolute worst decision I have ever made.

• 2 years later...

This software was not a good fIt for me. It took too long to complete one return. Many of the forms on the state do not automatically populate based on the information entered on the Federal. This software is for simple tax returns only. The interview mode does work efficiently on the states. I had to switch to a different software in the middle of tax season because of the incompetence of support for a rejected return. You must know what you’re doing to use this software as for me because of the volume of clients I have I don’t want to spend 3 hours on a return that should take 1 hour. Hope this helps someone.