ATX Community

ATX Suggestions Re: Win 10

Lee B

COPIED FROM THE ATX BOARD:

From the System requirements in help:

Windows® 10 is fully supported for ATX 2015. Before upgrading computers that currently have an earlier Windows version installed, please refer to Knowledge Library Answer ID 15351 for important information.

The new Edge browser included with Windows® 10 currently has limitations with respect to required functionality. Microsoft offers the option to use Internet Explorer 11 rather than the Edge browser and the ATX team recommends that customers choose that option until Edge is more fully developed.

For Online Check Printing, Internet Explorer is required.

Marilyn Burtt
Sr Business Analyst
Wolters Kluwer, CCH Small Firm Service

bought a cheap HP with Win10 installed. Returned it about 8 hours later.

Didn't work with that stations Canon printer and Canon said there wouldn't be a driver offered that would work with Win10. It's not that old of a printer.

Don't know if the computer was bad, the keyboard or the software but it wasn't recognizing the keyboard that came with the computer (it would only notice about 1/3rd of the keys pressed but then notice them all for a while the return back), it wasn't installing software required like Adobe (computer repeatedly locked up) and it generally was unusable. Purchased a mini-PC with Win8.1 and it works like a dream. Well sort of. The power button is funky.

I'm getting too old to figure out the new operating systems. I install Classic Shell and make it look like an old one. I just simply can't find things on the new systems in a timely fashion. Since it's not the computer I use - I'm not learning until required.