ATX Community

ATX 1099 pay per return

ILLMAS

11 hours ago, BulldogTom said:

I would rather pay for the stamps.  I don't do enough 1099s to bother with efiling.   And I have to print the copies for the clients anyways, so what is another 2 forms in the printer and a stamp on the envelope.

Tom
Newark, CA

I do my W2s and 1099s on paper too.  I don't have too many.  But I don't pay for the stamps.  I give the originals to client to sign and mail.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2015, 6:50:52, Randall said:

I do my W2s and 1099s on paper too.  I don't have too many.  But I don't pay for the stamps.  I give the originals to client to sign and mail.

I'm with Tom on this, it's a tiny cost to add the stamp to the envelope, but it means they can mail it on the way home, less chance that they will set it aside till they get some stamps, and forget about mailing it.  i used to efile them, but ANY thing I gave the client to mail, I included a stamped envelope with labels.  

On 12/8/2015, 3:41:55, ILLMAS said:

Is ATX charging a pay per return fee for 1099's starting this year?

It's possible to have more than one Form 1096 per client, in which case ATX will charge you $1.50 per Form 1096.

I have several clients which have two Form 1096's

Also if you efile any Form(s) 94x you will be charged $1.50 for each one