ATX Community

MA

Lion EA

I have a college student (dependent of clients) who worked while at BU and earned $750 with MA w/h.  She's covered under her parents' insurance plan; they don't have their 1095-B yet.  I've never filled out Schedule HC before.  It asks a LOT of questions.  All CT residents.  Help!

10 hours ago, Lion EA said:

I have a college student (dependent of clients) who worked while at BU and earned $750 with MA w/h.  She's covered under her parents' insurance plan; they don't have their 1095-B yet.  I've never filled out Schedule HC before.  It asks a LOT of questions.  All CT residents.  Help!

You won't need most of Schedule HC.  

Tell it taxpayer, full-year coverage.  TIN of the insurance company is either available online or from me; I've accumulated a database of a LOT of them over the years!  Subscriber number is on her insurance card.  You don't need the 1095-B for this.  

If she was covered all year, ALL the rest of the schedule should be completely ignored.

Call my office if you want a walk-through.  781-899-2200

• Like 1

Mom received 1095-C covering her, husband, and daughter with MA income.  It's Employer-Provided by Pepperidge Farm, Inc.  Mom says coverage is under Aetna ID W 1690 43628.  Is that a TIN?  And, I still need a number that goes with the daughter alone from her own insurance card?  Or, is the W 1690 43628 that?  I don't charge these people enough.

Thank you Catherine.  Mother gave me that number and now feels it is the subscriber number with -03 at the end for daughter as mom's card has that number with 01 and hubby's card 02.  Do you have any Aetna clients?  Is that worth a try?  I realize it's the Aetna administering the Pepperidge Farm Employer-Provided Health Insurance Coverage and in CT, to boot.  But, parents' return stands alone.  And, daughter had a tiny bit of MA w/h that I won't feel bad if it's held up for any reason.  One of those pulling teeth clients.  Just got her vesting/basis info for stock sales.  Original appointment, but wouldn't leave documents.  Document package at a later date but items missing.  Info dribbles in.  And, they wanted to come in today to review.  Made them an appointment for Saturday to review AND sign.  I'm going to print and have everything ready for their arrival and hope they are done with they leave, no new info please!  Well, I will wait until Friday night to print.  I need to finish this. 

• Like 1

Yes, I have Aetna-covered clients.  The subscriber number generally DOES have a suffix for each person.  01, 02, 03 - include the whole number with suffix on the HC.  I have guessed on occasion when (for example) the client's insurance changed in January, they chucked the old card, and the ex (or whoever) either didn't get or won't hand over the 1099-HC.  Never a question.