ATX Community

this creep crawled into my office years ago- the facebook fraud

schirallicpa

http://www.cnbcprime.com/american-greed/ Paul-Ceglia_WellsvilleDaily_Licensed-452

Watch this show this Thursday.  I'm sure many of have seen this story over the last few years.  He sued Mark Zuckerberg for 1/2 of the value of Facebook, claiming that he had an interest in it.  He was charged for filing a fraudulent suit, and was supposed to return to court.  During that time, he was to wear a tracking device.  He lived here in Wellsville, NY where I work.  He had hooked up a bunch of contraptions in his house to move the tracking device around, and he had lights turning on and off on timers.  And he and his wife and kids left the area.  Everyone thinks he is in Ireland, where his grandparents had been from.  

Many years ago when I first hung my shingle here, he came into the office and proceeded to tell me how he owned a satellite photography type business to take pictures of intersections for insurance companies, how he owned some other social website business (and he may have been talking about facebook then, but no one had heard of it yet) and how he owned our local movie theater.  Then he proceeded to ask me to help him protest paying tax, and how tax was voluntary, and that whole thing.  I told him that I was not interested in helping him.  He then proceeded to make fun of my small office and berate my business and abilities.  

I then had asked another client what he knew about him and he told me about how his parents had scammed a bunch of people in town and filed bankruptcy and went to Ireland.  

To my knowledge he never owned the local movie theater, and I don't know anything about his photography business or his social website business.  We never got to any business after he told me his intend of not paying tax.

About 5 years ago, he was in the business of wood pellets.  He "pre-sold" wood pellets to a number of people in Wellsville area for the tune of $200,000, and then never made good on delivery. Then Attorney General Andrew Cuomo charged him.   http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-ceglia-allegany-pellets-sued-2010-7

I'll be interested in what else American Greed turned up on him.  

• Like 5

This creep probably tried to pass himself off as a minister years ago when it was the latest scam trying to evade taxes.  I love that show, helps me to understand the stupidity that goes along with the greed.

BTW, I stopped in your lovely town on the way to Lucy's museum.   Beautiful country.

• Like 3