ATX Community

SEE1

RitaB

I took it yesterday, and feel pretty good about it.  Won't know for sure till after Aug 13.  I bought the Passkey Workbook on Amazon, it has six sample tests, two corresponding to each part of the exam.  I took the two exams for SEE1, studied the explanations to the questions I missed, and also read TheTaxBook.  Those two things were perfect for me.

Anyway, apparently I was the first SEE exam taker one of the Prometrics guys had met.  He kept saying, "She's from IRS," and apologizing for his tax return.  Then there was the wand and the emptying of pockets, and I kept saying, "NOOOOOO, I'm one of the good guys..."  And they shoved me in a room that was about 50 degrees Fahrenheit with about eight other people working on exams for other, more respected, vocations.

Seriously, I thought the exam was fair, not many sketchy questions.  By sketchy, I mean poorly worded or tricky.  I would not say "easy," and I would not trot in there without doing a little studying.  And be sure you tell them you are NOT from IRS. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RitaB said:

Seriously, I thought the exam was fair, not many sketchy questions.  By sketchy, I mean poorly worded or tricky.  I would not say "easy," and I would not trot in there without doing a little studying.  And be sure you tell them you are NOT from IRS. 

I agree with that Rita. I thought it was fair also.  I would just caution on the questions that have "except" and "which one is not......".  I had time left over so I went back through each question and re-read and I did find one that I had overlooked "except" and I needed to change the answer.

It may have been cold in there, I was to nervous to even notice. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Roberts said:

You don't find out your score immediately with the new system?

The test takers thru Aug 13 don't.  It's a Beta test until Aug 14.  Test takers Aug 14 and later will get their results before leaving the testing center.  We that take exams before the 14th will be notified by mail within 90 days of testing.

• Like 1

Hey Rita, I feel your pain with the prometric environment. One of the necessities is a jacket cause without one you will definitely chance getting frost bite. I have been in the Greensboro, NC center for testing other vocations. Hate that place. Hope you did well though.

• Like 3

When I took the test several years ago there was a guy next to me, not sure what exam he was taking, and every question was followed by a heavy sigh and pencil tapping.  I finished, took the survey, said a prayer to the test gods, and pressed the key to grade the test.  After what seemed like an eternity (but was probably about 20 seconds, it popped up that I had passed.  I whispered "YES" and the sighing guy looked at me and muttered "A Hole".

• Like 4