ATX Community

Duplicate Acks on 1120S

jklcpa

I had that to happen today on partnership returns. I was on hold yesterday for over 20 min. Their server was having problems. According to the instructions that the system gave me I was to contact tech support if the problem continued. It did so I called. Things finally worked out but not any help from their tech support person. THEN<<<<<<<they had the nerve to send me an email wanting to know about my experience with the tech help. So I told them. I bet that it does not help. What other softwares are you guys looking at? I looked at Drake during the off season and it was like an old DOS operation program to me. It did not intricate with all the fractures that I need. I had proseries before I came to ATX in the late 90's. I'm a small company and can not afford a big overhead expense of an expense tax program.

I had the same thing happen to me also with the 1120s acceptances. I am not going to worry about it unless I start getting letters from the IRS this summer. At least the IRS will probably be very aware of the issues ATX has had this year.

I also have looked at Drake and like you my overall impression was of a DOS based system that has been upgraded into the Windows environment. I transferred to ATX when Tax Shop was purchased by Intuit or whoever, kept open for one year, and then dumped. It was a huge learning curve, going from input sheets to a form based software, and I do not want to go back to a input sheet procedure. I do appreciate the good marks that Drake receives from its users and I am very interested in seeing how our software valuation poll goes after tax season.

Maribeth

I doubt the returns have been doubled filed. Have you ever tried to double file on purpose by accident? The second one will come back with a REJECT that a return with that ID has already been filed. I think ATX is sending DUPLICATE ACK's -- not the IRS.

I've gotten probably 3 or 4 ACK's on several 941's and 940's -- All ATX's doing.

I had the same thing execpt one of my 1065's showed a reject when it had been accepted by IRS on 2-7. I thought it was a name thing so shortend the name and got an immediate reject saying it was a duplicate. I called IRS they have the return accepted in feb with no problem. Haven't had time to ask tech support whats going on. will assume all is well for now.