ATX Community

MA Deadline

Lion EA

Am I reading the MA DOR calendar correctly that the deadline for MA income tax returns is Tuesday 18 April at midnight?  Just checking that Patriots' Day (nothing to do with the football team!) doesn't move the deadline around this year.  Only one MA resident and one MA trust and I think a couple NR college students this year.  But, the ES payment is still due 15 April?

I know about Emancipation Day and how it moved federal deadlines to 18 April, and most of the states I work with follow.  But, MA has their own Patriot's Day around that same time, so just double-checking that their holiday doesn't change the 18 April deadline for MA returns.

All my Ass estimated payment coupons are printing with 4/18 - and that makes sense.  That *is* the first business day after the 15th.  (Good grief - something about taxes making sense?!?!  It can't be!  -And it isn't.  It's not the taxes that make sense; it's merely the calendar.  Phew!)

• Like 1

I know, it's not logical, it's just the law.  In this case, it's business day vs. holiday/weekend.  She doesn't have to pay much, so I'm going with the 18th.  Haven't printed a payment voucher for a MA trust yet this year, haven't started the trust return!

Thanks, everyone. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:33 PM, Catherine said:

All my Ass estimated payment coupons are printing with 4/18 - and that makes sense.  That *is* the first business day after the 15th.  (Good grief - something about taxes making sense?!?!  It can't be!  -And it isn't.  It's not the taxes that make sense; it's merely the calendar.  Phew!)

"All my Ass estimated payment coupons"  I'm sure this is a typo and you ran out of time to edit the post.:rolleyes: Maybe Judy can fix it for you. Just sayin!!

• Like 1