ATX Community

Energy Credit - split system

jasdlm

Client installed a 'Split System:  Air-Cooled Condensing Unit, Coil with Blower'.  I think it qualifies for a $300 credit.  He has a printout from Lennox that says $500.  Does anyone agree that the max on this system is $300?  I know I'm tired.

Thanks much.

• Like 1

You need the manufacturers certification.  If it qualifies the condenser is 300, boiler or furnace is 150. The cert should tell you if he got a advanced main air circulating fan. If he did that is worth 50.00. 

https://energystar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211437638-What-is-a-Manufacturer-s-Certification-Statement-Where-can-I-find-it-

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, RitaB said:

And way better than the salesman here who tells everybody their SEER 13 unit probably qualifies for a tax credit, yes sirree. 

No.  No, it doesn't.

We have competitors that try to pull that from time to time. I had to call one a few years ago for my tax client who insisted her units qualified. I asked for the Manufacturers Certification on the equipment and he told me he would work on getting it but in the meantime... "it does qualify".. "I said that's strange because I work at "my hvac co" and I ran the numbers and ratings and it does not qualify. I will put Ms. X on the phone now, please explain it to her."  :D:D 

• Like 4