ATX Community

U S bans Kaspersky Labs

Lee B

Today the U S banned the use of Kaspersky Labs security software at all federal agencies.

Actually, I am very surprised this took so long, since the founder and CEO of Kaspersky

learned his craft while working for the KGB. According to U S Intelligence Agencies, Kaspersky

still has very close ties to the Kremlin. The U S is so gullible, we don't realize the opposition is playing for keeps !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is an offshoot of our own general good-will towards all, as a people, as well as our generally very accepting and high-trust culture.  Many, many people in this country just do not get that 1. there really is evil in this world, 2. that there are people out there who 2a. dislike us intensely or 2b. hate us and want us dead, and 3. that those selfsame people have long memories, will not "let bygones be bygone" and will carry out their original intent of harm long after we have forgiven all and just want to be friends.  

John Ringo, in his (totally awesome "no shit, there we were") book "The Last Centurion" has a great discussion of high-trust and low-trust societies; best I've ever read anywhere, and I recommend it highly.  The book itself is a bit of a polemic - but ignore that aspect if you prefer, and you've still got a rollicking good read.  How can anyone not love a book where the first chapter is entitled, "In A Time of Suckage"?!

• Thanks 1