ATX Community

Fax # for MA POA

Abby Normal

For the most part, you call MassDOR with the POA in hand, and the person you talk to tells you *their* fax number.  So you need two lines....  I always used to call on my house line so the work/fax line was free.

617-887-6367 is the phone.  They have a toll-free, too, but I've found this one gets answered faster and for me it's a local (-ish) call.

• Thanks 1

Wish I had better news for you.  I get them from clients and stick them in the client's folder until I need them.

Not too many years ago (and laughable considering the penalties MassDOR would heap on me if I did this) you could call and say it was about John Doe, ssn 123-45-6789 and that there is a signed POA - and they'd just talk to you.  Tell you ANYTHING.  Never ask for the POA; just take your word that you had it.  I kid you not.  I wish I had a nickel for every time I sat there, talking to MassDOR, with the never-requested POA in my hand.

• Haha 1

I thought it would be a good idea to attach it to the return. I mailed the POA to the amended return address. Figured they could get it to where it belongs. Or not.

I guess MA DOR really deserves their 1 star ratings that I saw on Yelp or someplace. One guy said he wished he could give zero stars! 🤣

• Like 1