ATX Community

CNL Hotels (CHR) MERGER

JANIE GILMORE

Client had $10,000 invested - AG EDWARD reported to her:

500 sh purchased 10-21-03, sold 4-25-07 - Cost $10,000, Proceeds $10,250, Gain of $250,

said it was not being reported to IRS.

1099B for $3,975 - which was $7.95 per share, 1099DIV showed

2a. $1,835, 2b $537, 3. $4440. These came from CNL Investor Services.

My question is, what is her basis in amount on 1099B? I have called them and could not get any help.

Has anyone had clients involved in this merger?

I have a client with the same issue. She had hers through Ameriprise. I e-mailed the Ameriprise Rep and was sent an 11 page .pdf including a method for accessing individual investors and help with the basis. I don't know how to post the .pdf here, but if you give me your e-mail address, I will send it to you.

I have a client with the same issue. She had hers through Ameriprise. I e-mailed the Ameriprise Rep and was sent an 11 page .pdf including a method for accessing individual investors and help with the basis. I don't know how to post the .pdf here, but if you give me your e-mail address, I will send it to you.

Can you send to me also? My client did not receive a 1099b only the 1099 div. her box 3 is 13,626.

Thank you Email [email protected]

Done. I also fowarded the 'returned' e-mails to my computer guy for his review, so I'll let you know what he says for an FYI.

Let me know if you don't get it.

TGIF, I guess. I'm working all weekend, but there's still something about Saturday's and Sunday's that feels more relaxing.