ATX Community

Laptop update issue - is there a setting?

BulldogTom

I have ATX installed and working on tax returns on my desktop computer.   But I am having all kinds of problems with my laptop.   I could not log into ATX support using Edge, I had to go to Chrome to download the software.   Got it onto the laptop, but now it will not update the forms or programs.   Is there a setting in the software or Edge that is blocking the software from accessing the internet and updating at software open?    Both my desktop and laptop are set up the same, so I am not sure what is going on and I really don't want to deal with ATX support if I don't have to.

Any ideas on what to try?

Thanks

Tom
Modesto, CA

Last year a client brought in a new laptop to me to install quickbooks but I was not able to make it work, then I found out the laptop was the equivalent to an iPad or chromebook and you can only install apps.  So the client took it back to Bestbuy and the geeksquad did something to change the settings and everything worked fine afterwards.