ATX Community

Upgrade my desk to Vista

Tax Newbie

I'm thinking about getting a new computer this summer and all the new PC now come with Vista operating system. For those who use Vista, do you have any problem with 2006 and 2007 ATX tax software? and would you recommend buying a Vista PC?

Thanks,

I purchased a new computer in December with Vista Ultimate as the operating system. So far, so good. Both the 2006 and the current year ATX programs have not given me any issues (knocking hard on wood here). Hopefully that continues but I have not experienced any problems with ATX or any other application for that matter. Good luck!

I purchased a new computer in December with Vista Ultimate as the operating system. So far, so good. Both the 2006 and the current year ATX programs have not given me any issues (knocking hard on wood here). Hopefully that continues but I have not experienced any problems with ATX or any other application for that matter. Good luck!

Thank you, Yardley!!!

I bought a Dell XPS 720 in January 08. Had the option of Vista or XP. I chose XP because it was on my previous home built AMD computer and I never had any issues with the operating system.

I am very happy with my new Dell - it loads ATX in 6 seconds.

I've always avoided new MS products until at least a Service Pack 1 is issued.

Have not heard about MS ending support for XP - I hope not. I intend to use it as long as possible.

Jerry

I've always avoided new MS products until at least a Service Pack 1 is issued.

Have not heard about MS ending support for XP - I hope not. I intend to use it as long as possible.

Jerry

Vista Service Pack 1 is out... but for some reason Microsoft strongly recommends that you wait until it's available through the auto update to install it.

I'm most likely going to upgrade to Vista (64 bit version) within the next couple weeks because Windows XP (32 bit) can only recognize about 3.5GB of my RAM (out of 6GB)