ATX Community

Ask a ATX Tech

hortonhearsawho

DILEMMA:

I have 3 tax returns which were e-filed (Federal and LA state) on 3/6/2008. The 3 federal returns have been ACK'd. The 3 state returns still show IRS CLEARED.

I called Tech Support and was told they'd look into it and get back to me. So far, this hasn't happened. So I sent an e-mail to LA E-file Help Desk. Didn't get a reply by Monday noon so I called LA E-file Help Desk and was told that those 3 returns were ACK'D by the state on 3/7 and the refunds have been sent out. So far so good for my clients. Kathy from LA E-File Help Desk (to whom I had sent the email) called me this morning; when I relayed what has transpired so far she said she'd call ATX and find out what's going on.

Tech support thinks my issue has been resolved. It has not. My system still shows those 3 returns as IRS CLEARED. I have done a "synch" with the ATX system 3 times, the most recent one within a few days; those 3 returns are still IRS CLEARED. Tech support keeps suggesting I call them; I think it should be the other way around - they should be calling me.

Lynn Jacobs, EA

ATX Customer

EFIN 720028

telephone 504-469-1025

e-mail [email protected]

It is my opinion that you should not list your personal information such as your EFIN # on this board or any other public board...

Thanks

I doubt the validity of this person's technical knowledge. Deleting the program by using the add/remove function has NEVER been the correct way. Your client's data is at risk if you do that.

This "person" has not answered a single question with any sense of real knowledge about the program.

I SMELL A HOAX OR A TROUBLEMAKER. BEWARE OF HIS RECOMMENDATIONS!!

Obviously, you should do what I say at your own risk and I see no reason to defend my responses. For the record though, uninstalling through add/remove programs is the correct way. It runs the UNINSTAL.EXE located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ATX\2007. You can tell that this is the right way because when you do it, it says ATX/Kleinrock product uninstaller at the top and obviously shows a list of ATX products to uninstall. When you select the product to uninstall and click NEXT, you will see that it says "Uninstalling will remove all program components, but will NOT remove your client data folders."

If you had tested this yourself, you would have realized that you get left with the Backup, Database and Masters folders(leaving you your automatic backups, your entire Database, all of your returns folders and all of your updated forms).

Anyone asking questions here in an unofficial ATX community should, of course, be wary of responses you get. The first and best thing to do would be to actually call in for support and speak to a rep in an official capacity.

Anyone asking questions here in an unofficial ATX community should, of course, be wary of responses you get. The first and best thing to do would be to actually call in for support and speak to a rep in an official capacity.

Please pardon my skepticism, my three calls to tech support early in the season handled by "support personnel" that did not even know the purpose of Schedule C. (which is what I was having issues with) This resulted in being sent to two other "support personnel" in turn, and neither one of them knew what the purpose of schedule C was. I spent 108 minutes on this call and found the workaround (not the fix) on my own.

You must excuse my skepticism...

I just got disconnected from the tech support hold cue after holding for a very long time. Blip . . . it just cut me off. I can't e-file (some 'contact your ATX administrator' error), I can't get on myatx, and the phone recording keeps telling me to go online for tech help, but I can't, because when I click the link, it takes me to the log in page and tells me to contact ATX.

I am so grouchy that I want to say things that aren't nice at all.

I'm going to dinner.