ATX Community

Ask a ATX Tech

hortonhearsawho

Can you explain why the security around accessing MyAtx has been tightened to such an extreme? I am currently locked out, and have been putting off calling ATX to get back in. I also saw a thread earlier that we would not be helped with problems accessing prior years software until after tax season. Is this true? And finally, why do I not have form 2555 yet, or the 2008 version of form 941. I realize this is a lot of topics, but it is hard to find time to talk on the phone, whereas hopefully I can post this and come back in a little while to answers. Thank you for joining us.

Question 1: Has ATX "fixed" the 941 ACK problem?

As you know we are nearing the filing of first quarter forms. I do not want to go thru the same "crap" as I went through in January, February and March waiting for ACK's.

Question 2: Whatever possessed CCH to fire all of the ATX knowledgable staff right before tax season?

Let's keep this polite and I will try my best to help you:

Next Question: Where were you in January, February & March when so many of us were having problems?

You might want to inform the "powers that be" that a little information goes a long way in calming the masses. What I mean is -- if a "Bulletin" would have been posted, or a notice had come thru somewhere, I probably would not have had to spend an average of 6-8 hours a week trying to get answers from Customer Service (note: 5-7 of those hours were spent on HOLD).

Next Question: Where were you in January, February & March when so many of us were having problems?

You might want to inform the "powers that be" that a little information goes a long way in calming the masses. What I mean is -- if a "Bulletin" would have been posted, or a notice had come thru somewhere, I probably would not have had to spend an average of 6-8 hours a week trying to get answers from Customer Service (note: 5-7 of those hours were spent on HOLD).

He was probably on the phone....

'ATXTech who has asked questions/solicited information but has not actually answered a single question asked at this point'.

3 people posting on this thread today who are new to the site (as of today) and have posted only on this thread.

Anyone suspicious?

Lets see, he is hiding behind a Dr. Suisse name, doesn't seem to know anything, brags about what he can do but doesn't deliver, and doesn't post on his own company's website....

Yep - must be from CCH. No doubt about it in my mind.

Next thing you know, he will try to charge us for using ERC's website.

Tom

Lodi, CA

DILEMMA:

I have 3 tax returns which were e-filed (Federal and LA state) on 3/6/2008. The 3 federal returns have been ACK'd. The 3 state returns still show IRS CLEARED.

I called Tech Support and was told they'd look into it and get back to me. So far, this hasn't happened. So I sent an e-mail to LA E-file Help Desk. Didn't get a reply by Monday noon so I called LA E-file Help Desk and was told that those 3 returns were ACK'D by the state on 3/7 and the refunds have been sent out. So far so good for my clients. Kathy from LA E-File Help Desk (to whom I had sent the email) called me this morning; when I relayed what has transpired so far she said she'd call ATX and find out what's going on.

Tech support thinks my issue has been resolved. It has not. My system still shows those 3 returns as IRS CLEARED. I have done a "synch" with the ATX system 3 times, the most recent one within a few days; those 3 returns are still IRS CLEARED. Tech support keeps suggesting I call them; I think it should be the other way around - they should be calling me.

Lynn Jacobs, EA

ATX Customer

EFIN 720028

telephone 504-469-1025

e-mail [email protected]

I can't vouch for the other people here, but let me see if I can clear some of this up. For the record, I'm here in an un-official capacity and am by no means obligated to help anyone in this way.

Can you explain why the security around accessing MyAtx has been tightened to such an extreme? I am currently locked out, and have been putting off calling ATX to get back in. I also saw a thread earlier that we would not be helped with problems accessing prior years software until after tax season. Is this true? And finally, why do I not have form 2555 yet, or the 2008 version of form 941. I realize this is a lot of topics, but it is hard to find time to talk on the phone, whereas hopefully I can post this and come back in a little while to answers. Thank you for joining us.

The security for the MyATX website was stepped up because they now use the same login system as the TaxWise product. The TaxWise product is used by the IRS and Military and therefore they have additional security. They can quickly and easily reset your password to your registration code so that you can log-in once again and change the password to something you can remember. There is currently no wait time to get to Customer Service to have this done(that of course can change at any time.)

As far as prior year software, earlier in the season there was extremely high call volume. Because of this, they stopped supporting all but the current year until after Tax Season. This was mandated earlier in the season due to high call volume. To my knowledge, they are supporting 05,06 and 07 right now(which is standard for tax season, they support the 3 most recent years) and after April 16th they will support all of the prior years.

As far as your form questions, I cannot help you unfortunately, I do not have those answers.

I can't vouch for the other people here, but let me see if I can clear some of this up. For the record, I'm here in an un-official capacity and am by no means obligated to help anyone in this way.

The security for the MyATX website was stepped up because they now use the same login system as the TaxWise product. The TaxWise product is used by the IRS and Military and therefore they have additional security. They can quickly and easily reset your password to your registration code so that you can log-in once again and change the password to something you can remember. There is currently no wait time to get to Customer Service to have this done(that of course can change at any time.)

As far as prior year software, earlier in the season there was extremely high call volume. Because of this, they stopped supporting all but the current year until after Tax Season. This was mandated earlier in the season due to high call volume. To my knowledge, they are supporting 05,06 and 07 right now(which is standard for tax season, they support the 3 most recent years) and after April 16th they will support all of the prior years.

As far as your form questions, I cannot help you unfortunately, I do not have those answers.

Can you answer tech problems on previous years' software? Specifically, when I try to open 2004, I get MX3 object not found or registered, then, run-time error '91'; object variable or block variable not set. I did find mx3.ocx in net setup.

Can you answer tech problems on previous years' software? Specifically, when I try to open 2004, I get MX3 object not found or registered, then, run-time error '91'; object variable or block variable not set. I did find mx3.ocx in net setup.

Yea, this could be a number of problems. I see the runtime 91 errors from time to time and to be honest, they can show up anywhere and unfortunately they are not very descriptive. I reccomend running NetSetup first, making sure the software is not set to be running in compatability mode(I've seen it, I promise). If that fails, I would uninstall from Add/Remove programs and then reinstall the software. If that fails too, we would typically reboot the computer into Safe Mode and try it again to rule out the possibility that another program is interfering with ATX. If we determine that nothing is interfering at this point, I would have you call in so that we can clean out the entire program(salvaging the data of course) and reinstall it from scratch

Yea, this could be a number of problems. I see the runtime 91 errors from time to time and to be honest, they can show up anywhere and unfortunately they are not very descriptive. I reccomend running NetSetup first, making sure the software is not set to be running in compatability mode(I've seen it, I promise). If that fails, I would uninstall from Add/Remove programs and then reinstall the software. If that fails too, we would typically reboot the computer into Safe Mode and try it again to rule out the possibility that another program is interfering with ATX. If we determine that nothing is interfering at this point, I would have you call in so that we can clean out the entire program(salvaging the data of course) and reinstall it from scratch

I doubt the validity of this person's technical knowledge. Deleting the program by using the add/remove function has NEVER been the correct way. Your client's data is at risk if you do that.

This "person" has not answered a single question with any sense of real knowledge about the program.

I SMELL A HOAX OR A TROUBLEMAKER. BEWARE OF HIS RECOMMENDATIONS!!