ATX Community

Unreimbursed partner expenses

cpabsd

I efiled one this week with UPE and it was accepted with no problems. I entered the UPE on the K-1 that it applied to (line 20W)

I've got another one -- and now it says that Lines 3-10 (Sch SE Worksheet) is an IRS UN-EFILE ABLE situation. I can find nothing on the IRS website that says it can or cannot be efiled. I know we did them last year with no problems.

My previous one was a Rental RE with no Schedule SE. I don't know if this is a "legit" workaround but here is what I did:

Add another K-1 but instead of the name of the partnership use: UNREIMBURSED PARTNER EXPENSES

Enter the amount as a negative on Line 1 (Ordinary income) and on the SE line 14A

The end result is the same.

The other posting was mine & my efiles were rejected. Two clients have ptnship K-1 with SE income from ord inc, guar payts & sec 179. The 179 is the problem causing mine to reject. It affected 2 returns, so I paper filed them.

The returns are for my 2 brothers, so I guess they'll forgive me for making them pay postage :)

The other posting was mine & my efiles were rejected. Two clients have ptnship K-1 with SE income from ord inc, guar payts & sec 179. The 179 is the problem causing mine to reject. It affected 2 returns, so I paper filed them.

The returns are for my 2 brothers, so I guess they'll forgive me for making them pay postage :)

I have the same situations: partnership with sec 179 deduction and one with both sec 179 and unreimbursed partner expenses won't let me efile. I'm sure this is an ATX programming issue, but no time to wait for them to fix it, so we are paper filing. <_<