ATX Community

Missed S Extension-Not my fault

NECPA in NEBRASKA

I got a call today from someone that I have not heard from since I prepared his 2019 1120s, called today and wanted to bring in his stuff. I told him that I had not heard from him and had not filed an extension. He has another person doing his bookkeeping and payroll taxes, so I thought that he had gone elsewhere. My engagement letters all say that my services end when the return is complete. He hasn't even paid for last year. I don't know if I can get him out of the late payment penalty by blaming my Covid diagnosis on Monday and brain fog. I honestly don't care, but that's because I am really crabby, sick and sad. I'm just generally not very nice today. I can't smell or taste as of today and I hate it. The only thing that is useful for is changing the cat boxes. I am going to bed early tonight in the hopes that I might rested tomorrow. Today I felt like I had not slept at all. I should be able to sign up for my first vaccine next week. I will make my appointment a couple of weeks out, so that I will hopefuly feel much better. 

Thanks for listening to me whine. 

Bonnie

• Sad 2

I'd tell him buh-bye and I DON'T have COVID. 

Bonnie, you just worry about you, and get rested. This stress must be an immune suppressor at the very least. 

We are all praying for your healing, and that great health be restored. 

God bless you..... get some rest..... 

• Like 6

Bonnie:  Based on the info provided, I'd probably tell him I'm not interested in doing his work. And he needs to act quickly since the penalty clock is running.  He qualifies for the "needs to be somebody else's problem" category for at least 3 reasons. Right now especially, this should be all about what's best for you, not about solving self-inflicted wounds for problem clients.  

• Like 7

Hi Bonnie,   Sorry to hear you caught the bug.   Get well.   If you just want to tell the guy off, you could blame that on Covid.   No one would fault you for chewing him out, making a video of it, and posting it on YouTube.   Then charging him 3X in advance if he decides to stay.   Just saying.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 4
  • Haha 1